The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading a shift team such that operational priorities are understood and met. The role includes understanding the short-term business plan for operating areas and supporting activities to achieve objectives with a strong focus on safety, integrity, compliance, production, environmental performance and energy usage. The incumbent will manage production operations of the Integrated Production System Capacity (IPSC) of the field facilities to produce hydrocarbons to agreed quality and volume specifications over the Integrated Production Planning (IPP) periods in accordance with Shell standards, policies and statutory requirements.
The role assures the operating team is utilizing the Ensure Quality Product (EQP), Ensure Safe Production (ESP) and Reliability Centered Maintenance (RSM) work processes to operate wells and facilities within defined limits and deliver long-term reliable operations.
The position reports to the Field Operations Manager and is a field based rotational 14/14 days position.
- To ensure that the operational activities on the assets comply with all statutory and Shell corporate requirements
- Deliver the asset production plan for gas and condensate production within specified quality, GHG/Environmental permit and costs, with full accountability for the production, export and disposal of waste streams.
- Ensure HSE rules and regulations are enforced and that operational, maintenance, logistics, wells and project activities are executed safely (SIMOPS) and efficiently
- Responsible for contractor HSE performance and awareness, in particular adherence to Oman Shell Road Safety regulations is regarded as a priority.
- Approve and supervise daily Permit to Work PTW /Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) submissions and support daily PTW/JHA/Toolbox Meetings
- Ensure operational hazards are risk assessed and mitigated within area of responsibility
- Ensuring work sites are safely managed in terms of HSSE, Safe isolations and Operating Integrity
- Ensure that staff involved in Emergency Response is trained, certified and can deliver the required response within the required timeframe.
- Operate wells and production facilities in accordance to specified operating procedures, operating envelopes and design intent; where there is deviation, ensure authorized approval and control measures are put in place
- Ensure all Safety Critical Equipment within the Operations sphere is operated within the design envelope and maintained in a manner that meets the performance standards.
- Carry out routine inspection of facilities and propose and implement corrective action
- Liaising with maintenance team on asset integrity and need for maintenance activities
- Delivery of equipment in safe condition for maintenance, and ensuring equipment is available
- As frontline leader responsible for the field operations team implementation of critical Asset Management System (AMS) processes, such as Integrated Activity Planning, Ensure Safe Production, Management of Change (MOC), Manage Equipment Care, Maintenance Execution, corrosion management, inspection management, Manage Supply Chain etc., based on Shell’s best practice.
- Working with operators to ensure proper execution of the ESP work process to include operator tasks, shift handover, start of shift orientation, alarm management and abnormal situation management.
- Evaluate production data for improvement opportunities, gather performance data, monitor downtime and perform root cause analysis.
- Focus on Production deferment reduction to improve asset availability performance
- Responsible for the implementation of proper daily production reporting, well testing and metering.
- Prioritize, plan and co-ordinate operational activities such that all tasks are completed with minimum disruption to installations safety systems and production.
- Liaise and provide direction for production chemicals contract staff and oversee chemical supply and inventory.
- Ensure safe Gas/Condensate sampling practices and follow-up with Laboratory Services.
- Propose facility and equipment improvements to optimize quality and cost effectiveness
- Support commissioning and start-up of new assets/wells in conjunction with the Project delivery and AOR/CSU teams where requested.
Ways of working
- Implement Visible Safety Leadership to drive continuous improvement of safety culture and performance across the asset.
- Assure injuries and environmental events are reported and follow-up activities are initiated to prevent further incidents.
- This role requires front line presence in the field/ work sites 70% of the time with 30% field office presence for supporting and co-ordination activities.
- Promote a roving team approach with a once a month visit frequency to well site locations by company and contract staff
- Drive the compliance to procedures for all activities; operations, maintenance, etc.
- Encourage, facilitate team decision making and troubleshooting efforts. Conduct 5-why’s analysis immediately on shift for all abnormal events to ensure learning in the moment and support the follow-up by day shift.
- Promote digitalization and be accountable for embedding digitalization enabled work practices, such as mobile worker etc. into the field operations team.
- To collaborate on the short- and medium-term integrated Operations Plans with IAP & Programming department in Muscat
- To collaborate with Well Engineering, Logistics and Projects staff in the field on Safe systems of work, PtW and SIMOPS.
- Building a strong and effective relationship with partner operations is essential to maximise availability and value.
- Continually assess the capability of Operations team and by utilising strong change management skills, implement any changes that may be required to achieve a team capable of delivering immediate and future business objectives.
- Carry out on-the-job training and identify further development/ training needs