Airswift are recruiting for a Plant Operator to join a growing operator client on a permanent basis.
Location: Surat, Regional Queensland
Roster: 15 / 13
The Plant Operator is responsible for safety oversight of activities being undertaken within the Terminal and optimising gas, LPG, and condensate production through the available equipment.
Assets include separators, knock-out vessels, fractionation columns, refrigeration cold-boxes, compressors, gas fired engines, electrical generation, and typical plant utilities.
The duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Working with other Operators, responsible for care and condition of plant/equipment of a specific area, undertaking minor repairs and maintenance tasks, servicing and cleaning activities and assisting tradespersons
- Responsible for ensuring the safe systems of work and methods of minimising the environmental impact are implemented for all plant activities
- Ensuring compliance to the Site Safety Management Plan
- Respond as part of the Emergency Response Team
- Undertake/contribute to risk assessments and risk acceptances for various processes
- Perform safety observations, conversations and quality control checks in accordance with Arrow requirements
- Understand and apply quality control policies and procedures
- Comply with Operational Integrity (OI) programme procedures and systems
- Other such duties as reasonably directed in line with skill set
HEALTH SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
Actively support the businesses commitment to occupational health and safety and the environment, including:
- To take “reasonable care” for their own health and safety and to not affect that of others
- Adopting standard safe work practices and procedures in accordance with safety policies.
- Eliminating or reporting workplace hazards, taking part in safety drills and other activities and supporting the work of safety representatives and committees
- Conducting activities in accordance with environmental policies, codes and guidelines, in particular minimising energy and material usage in the workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideally a number of years experience as a plant operator in MAH hydrocarbon facilities
- Experience as a Panel / Control Room Operator
- Permit to Work experience and knowledge of Isolation techniques – proven Permit Holder as a minimum in similar working environment
Desirable Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Personal Attributes
It is desirable that the incumbent is able to demonstrate experience and/or knowledge in the following:
- Certificate 3 / 4 Process Plant Operations
- Experience in the production of LPG or other products requiring fractionation and refrigeration processes
- Root cause analysis methodologies
- Exposure to CMMS systems
- A maintenance trade qualification
KEY SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES
- Self motivated, high initiative and adaptability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to follow internal procedures and controls
- Dedicated team player with ability to multi task
- Well organised with attention to detail
- Able to work effectively under the direction of a supervisor
- Professional presentation and manner at all times
- Have a flexible approach in working hours to meet varying workloads and operational demands
- Sound written and oral communication skills with ability to liaise with all levels of management and staff
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be contacted by 6th December 2019.