- Walking down systems and equipment using P&IDs, SLDs, wiring diagrams, etc. for guidance.
- Perform maintenance and repair work as instructed with limited supervision.
- Ensure equipment is fit for purpose and is tested in accordance with standards and procedures.
- Inspect, commission, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, electronic and associated control systems and power circuits, power generating equipment, switchgear, and emergency systems; take appropriate action when failures occur.
- Install, replace, commission, troubleshoot and repair of filter screens and strainers during commissioning testing period.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment under commissioning testing.
- Install, calibrate, commission, troubleshoot and repair of input sensors such as flow meters, level transducers, pressure transducers, fire & gas equipment and other monitoring equipment.
- Support the Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub system packages from Construction.
- Support the Pre-commissioning by Contractors and Sub-contractors by Sub systems.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned or requested.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS (AS PER RELEVANT DISCIPLINE):
- Mechanical and Maintenance, work methods, tools and testing Equipment used in commissioning of Oil/Gas Facilities.
- Basic understanding of trouble shooting of rotating Equipment and related activities.
- Filter and strainer replacement and cleaning. Screens replacement and cleaning.
- Hydraulic Systems.
- Preventative Maintenance activities.
- Handover to Maintenance and Operations organisation at steady state.
- Instrument/Electrical theory, work methods, tools and testing equipment used in the commissioning of Oil/Gas Facilities.
- Regulations pertaining to electrical and electronic installation, maintenance and repairs.
- Electrical Distribution Systems.
- Lighting Systems and Distribution Panels.
- DC and UPS Power Systems.
- Wiring and Troubleshooting abilities.
- Electronic Transmitters.
- Valve Positioners.
- DC Power Systems.
- Analog and Discrete Signals.
- Pneumatic Systems.
- Proficient in Control Logic Schemes.
- Experience with various PLC, DCS, and Fire & Gas control systems.
- PLC logic controls.
- Experience with Turbine Generator Start up and Commissioning.
- Experience with Diesel Engine driven Back up Emergency Generator Sets.
- Experience with 480VAC, medium voltage 4160VAC and above switchgear controls.
- Permit to work System.
- Cause and Effect logic relationships of equipment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. Typically, 6 years of responsible work experience in mechanical, electrical and instrumentation commissioning of oil and gas facilities, or in production process equipment operation and maintenance.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE & REGISTRATION
Relevant mechanical, electrical and/or instrumentation Technician certificates are required and/or Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline.