The available role is working as a Mechanical Supervisor for a large global offshore operator. You will be working on a 28/28 rotation on board one of the operator’s global FPSO’s. You will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of Mechanical Maintenance are carried out safely and you will report to the Maintenance Superintendent. This is a long-term opportunity. Responsibilities:
- Authorisation to ensure the timely repair and maintenance of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Mechanics, visitors, vendor technicians, and sub-contractors will be your Immediate Subordinates.
- Ensure all Maintenance (Routine and breakdown) is completed and recorded
- accurately and clearly
- Ensure all plant and machinery complies with Class and Inspections
- Plan and control use of resources effectively. (Personnel, time, materials, transport, IT).
- Respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures.
- Carry out the correct isolation and disconnection procedure.
- Apply appropriate tests and test equipment to ensure reassembly is correct and effective prior to reinstatement.
Key Competencies/ What’s desired?
- HNC/HND or equivalent in Mech. Engineering preferred. Chief Engineer Certificate as per STCW Regulations
- Minimum 5 years’ offshore experience, with 3 years as Mechanical Supervisor
- Familiarity with PTW systems
- BOSIET trained
- Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.