Australian work rights are required to apply.
On behalf of our Global Oil & Gas Operator client, Brunel are urgently recruiting 8 Field Production Technicians for a 12 month contract role working offshore on a 3/3 rotation FIFO from Perth.
Please note, due to current travel restrictions, only WA based candidates will be considered.
The successful Production Technicians must have a proven background in LNG, Upstream, Storage / Loading or Utilities operations. The Production Technicians must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience (ideally over 10 years) in an Operating role.
Ideally the successful Field Production Technicians will have recently worked offshore and therefore already hold; BOSIET and MSIC certificates or ability to obtain ASAP at own cost.
Must have proven ability to:
- Read and interpret P&ID and Process engineering drawings
- Operate pumps, compressors, steam boilers, pressure vessels,
- Eye for detail, background in site conformity / line walk processes
- Prepare, apply and manage Permit to Work, Preparation of equipment for maintenance and isolate equipment
- Looking for self-motivated candidates with the right attitude and ability to work as part of team, i.e. looking for team players not individual players
The Field Production Technician is responsible for supporting and executing production and maintenance activities associated with the safe and effective operation of LNG production processes and systems.
- The Production Technicians will be allocated to one of the four production areas – Utilities, Storage & Loading, Upstream or LNG.
- Ensure equipment is operated within the design envelope and maintained in accordance with the required standards, utilising FSR and operational risk assessments where required.
- Respond to any process emergency situation under the direction of the Production Team Leader to provide first-line emergency response in accordance with emergency procedures.
- Assist in the continuous safe and efficient operation of the LNG to maintain quality of product to customers.
- Execute field operations activities in accordance with daily routines, production and maintenance plans, including system isolation and depressurisation for maintenance.
- Control all work in area of accountability through the PTW system to ensure effective work execution and prevent any undue conflict or unsafe acts.
- Support safe and effective operation of the PTW system through designing, verifying and implementing process isolations and issuing, endorsing and assuring permits.
- Communicate any abnormal condition or potential equipment failure that could cause unsafe operation or off spec product quality and take effective action as directed by the Production Team Leader
- Updating all relevant logs during their shift period to maintain an accurate record of plant and equipment and communicate any abnormal conditions to their relief.
- Perform the necessary operational activities during start-up, shutdown and normal operation of wells and equipment according to the instructions and approved procedures.
- Under direction of the Production Team Leader, carry out first line maintenance tasks in their specific area.
- Troubleshoot abnormalities related in their production area.
- Support development of operating and maintenance procedures, work instructions.
- Assist training new shift team members and apprentices to become conversant with LNG operating procedures and the PTW system.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Relevant technical/vocational qualification with previous experience as a Production Technician in a similar operational environment is required.
- Minimum 5 years, ideally 10 years direct operating
- BOSIET and MSIC certificates or ability to obtain ASAP at own cost.
How to Apply:
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Brunel values diversity and encourages applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and minority group candidates.