Career opportunities in Liquified Natural Gas (LNG)
LNG is natural gas in a liquid state. Natural gas is an important source of energy across the world. In some countries, it’s even ahead of coal, nuclear and renewable options as an essential energy source.
Demand for LNG imports is increasing, especially in Asia, as it is considered a transition fuel that can help in the move to a low-carbon future. With a number of LNG projects underway and planned, we are seeing consistent demand for LNG specialists.
Work on LNG projects all over the world
The below countries are the largest producers of natural gas. Projects in these nations are a large source of LNG job opportunities.
- The United States is one of the world’s biggest producers of natural gas and petroleum. In 2011, it surpassed Russia to become the world’s biggest natural gas producer.
- Russia is the second largest natural gas producer, and produces more than 669 billion cubic meters of gas per annum. The country is also the world’s largest exporter of natural gas, shipping an estimated 196 bcm every year.
- Australia has an abundant supply of natural gas both onshore and offshore. Based on current production, it has enough natural gas for more than 50 years. In fact, it’s Australia’s third biggest energy resource, following coal and uranium.
- A leading LNG exporter, Qatar’s energy supply is produced almost exclusively by natural gas (99.2%); the rest is made up by oil.
- Mozambique is the third largest proven natural gas reserves holder in Africa, after Nigeria and Algeria. The country holds 100 trillion cubic feet of natural gas reserves . In 2016 alone, it produced an estimated 200 billion cubic feet of natural gas.
For Apply Click at Job Title
Digital Delivery Project Manager Calgary
HSE Lead Kitimat
Project Leader – Pipelines Brussels
Environmental coordinator Brussels
HSE Specialist Western Australia
Commissioning & Start Up Engineer- Chinchilla
Administrative Assistant (North West Australia) Western Australia
Finance Accountant Melbourne