JOB TITLE: COMMISSIONING DISCIPLINE LEADS (Mechanical, Instrument and Electrical)
JOB PURPOSE / SCOPE
Reports to the Commissioning Manager. The Commissioning Leads interface with PE’s, CMT, MC,
Start-Up, and Operations personnel on discipline specific (Electrical, Mechanical & Instrument)
Kentech are looking for Commissioning Leads in Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical
Disciplines. Ideal candidate will also be fluent in Russian.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides all discipline specific technical, planning and execution management support to the
• Managing all activities within the matrix organisation jointly and in collaboration with other
Discipline Leads and the Commissioning Manager.
• Provide Discipline technical leadership and expertise to the core commissioning team and at
Engineering and Construction interfaces.
• Support each Area and the team at the interface and Turnover from Construction at
Mechanical Completion and at Handover of Commissioned Systems to Operations.
• Ensuring that equipment and systems are fully commissioned at Handover, and ready to
operate in compliance with the Project design, standards and specifications, the Systems
Completion Plan and Control Procedures.
• Direct ownership and execution management of all specialist and discipline specific Static &
Dynamic Commissioning resulting in Handover to Operations and providing assistance in
Start-Up and Acceptance Testing efforts.
• Supports the Commissioning Superintendents in working with Start Up as one integrated
team from commissioning to initial plant operation, ensuring a smooth transition to Operations
and acceptance of the facilities.
• Identifies and manages discipline commissioning resource needs, tools, test equipment,
plant, spares etc.
• Ensure the right resource levels and technical skills are assigned to meet each Area’s
schedule and commissioning execution requirements.
• Managing and directing core discipline teams of commissioning supervisors and technicians,
vendors and specialist subcontractors/ third party personnel across all plant areas (as well
as at SITs and SAT’s).
• Ensures appropriate Commissioning, and Handover documentation is completed correctly
• Review and supports development of discipline Commissioning Plans and Schedules, Level
3 and Level 5 for the assigned plant Area and activities.
• Manages execution discipline activity against these plans and schedules to ensure a safe
and effective completion of commissioning phase and transition of systems to steady state
• Support maintenance of the Systems Completion Database and Planning interface for MC
and Commissioning progress tracking, reporting certification, and quality purposes.
• Progress and productivity reporting against the Area schedules and performance metrics.
• Support development of Commissioning (Static & Dynamic) Management Procedures,
Systems Acceptance Procedures/Progress Monitoring, Turnover and Completion Packages,
and provide input to Start-up and Operating Procedures.
• Responsible for Safety and Environmental controls for activities in all buildings , systems and
zones within their areas of activity under Care, Custody and Control (support from HSE
• Interface with Company Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and
environmentally sound job area.
Skills and Knowledge Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in Oil & Gas
• Russian (Written & Spoken)
• Fluent English (Written & Spoken)
• Established track record in supervision of large teams through Mechanical Completion,
Commissioning, Start Up and initial plant operations.
• Strong understanding of Project execution, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning &
• Petrochemical and module yard experience is preferred.
• International experience is an asset.
HSE and Quality Responsibility
• Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment
Management System requirements. Take reasonable care one’s of own health and safety
and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in
accordance with Company Quality System requirements