Milan, Italy | salary not specified | Contract
As part of the Mozambique LNG Project, we are looking for the provision of Commissioning Engineer to support its Operations team.
The objective is to ensure that the EPC contractor is planning and executing pre-commissioning and commissioning activities to deliver on original promises for production, ramp-up, availability, and are fully ready for the introduction of hydrocarbon, start up and subsequent operations. You shall be the focal point for the pre-commissioning/commissioning and start up interfaces with the Onshore EPC contractor and COMPANY.
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
Technical support on all aspects of Commissioning and Startup of LNG trains, and provision of technical expert advice, including but not limited to, on the following subjects:
- Provide technical expertise and deliver requirements for Commissioning and Startup of LNG trains in accordance with industry best practice.
- Ensure EPC contractor fulfills contract requirements relative to the commissioning and startup phase of the facility and the smooth transfer and hand over of the facility to the operations asset.
- Work with the EPC contractor to manage the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for commissioning and acceptance of the plant and turnover to COMPANY at substantial completions of the Projects
- Input COMPANY’s interests and requirements in the course of Project Plans and commissioning procedures with reflection of O&M point of view.
- Coordinate with O&M organization to ensure alignment and integration of commissioning activities.
- Provide assistance in developing solutions to problems that may arise during commissioning.
- Influence and ensure EPC contractor compliance with process safety management policy and procedures, in respect of process safety information, hazard analysis, subcontractor compliance, plant integrity, work permits, emergency planning and response, incident investigation and compliance audits during commissioning and start up.
- Ensure that the EPC contractor have suitable and sufficient quantities of commissioning and start up spares available prior to commissioning.
- Ensure that EPC contractor have all the first fill of chemicals, catalysts, lubes and other consumable available prior to start of pre-commissioning and systems are in place to top up during initial operations as required.
- Ensure that the EPC contractor have a vendor support data base available and any vendors or specialist support required for pre-commissioning and commissioning is on this data base.
- Implements and improves methods to enable detailed evaluation of EPC CSU progress and performance. Develop and manage an agreed set of key performance indicators to manage the CSU performance.
- Participate in Design Reviews, HAZOPs and Model Reviews identifying Operability, Maintainability, Commissioning and Start-up issues and concerns and addressing them with the EPC contractor.
- Provide quality assurance and coaching on systems acceptance and punch listing activities undertaken by the assigned COMPANY Operations/Maintenance teams.
- Develop and produce reports as required by COMPANY.
- Assist in the HSSE delivery and promote safety & environmental responsibility in all aspects of Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning. Ensure that the flaring volumes are kept to minimum during the dry out and startup of LNG trains.
- Ensures COMPANY guidelines and process are implemented and followed within the project.
- Provide support in any other areas as requested by COMPANY’s Commissioning Manager
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent trade qualification highly recommended by COMPANY
- Significant experience in engineering, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning environment within LNG industry with at least 8 years’ experience in the oil and gas industry
- Experience in an engineering / installation environment with experience of developing project documentation through the Select, Define and Execute and operate phases of the LNG Projects
- Experience in pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup of LNG Projects
- Experience in management of Contractors
- Knowledge of project management and project controls principles and concepts.
- Proficient hands on experience with project completions tools, such as WinPCS, PCOS etc.
- Good command of written and spoken English, with a knowledge of Portuguese being beneficial