TEAM are currently working alongside our major oil and gas client in sourcing an Instrument Technician (onshore operations) for an ongoing project based in Dubai. Candidates local to UAE will take preference in this instance.
Contract Basis: Permanent
Perform instrumentation maintenance, to provide for optimal availability, reliability and cost optimisation whilst ensuring that the highest safety and environmental standards are maintained.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance and calibration of field instruments on a regular basis per the approved schedule for transmitters, control valves, shut down switches and a variety of other instruments in all process areas. Completes work reports after each job giving full details of work carried out, including parts and materials used and man hours spent.
- Carry out preventive and breakdown maintenance and calibration of all electronic Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Distributed Control System (DCS ) System Collection and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and pneumatic control system instruments in the field and workshop in the assigned field, such as transmitters, control valves, shut down switches and vibration probes and installs cabling as necessary.
- Carry out routine/preventive maintenance of analysers, fire and gas, all instrumentation and safety system.
- Perform servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on Emergency Shutdown (ESD) systems.
- Carry out breakdown maintenance or ad hoc checks as required by Operations, and disassemble instruments, clean/replace parts or components, reassemble, replace cards, calibrate and test serviced instruments to ensure proper operation. Report all serious malfunctions immediately to onshore support team electrical engineer for his advice and direction.
- Receive repair work orders and carry out repairs to instrumentation equipment and systems. Includes determining faults, replacing or repairing faulty components on Printed Circuit Board (PCB) or replacing cards as required; check untoward readings on controllers and transmitters and advise production of non-instrument related problems. Assist in minor overhauls of various instruments in the workshop, repairing, checking, replacing and re calibrating equipment parts. Carry out “run-up” and “zero” checks on equipment and ensure all equipment is working.
- Carry out routine daily checks and calibration of a wide variety of analysers, such as Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) and Oxygen (O2) analysers, gas chromatographs, PH meters, infrared and thermal analysers. Repair or correct any routine problems as observed and inform supervisor of any serious abnormalities.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance on analysers in accordance with maintenance schedule, such as replacing cylinders for span (used gas), carrier or zero gas (calibration). Complete brief work reports giving details of work performed.
- Participate and assist in the regular visual inspection of all instrumentation and associated control systems in assigned area, to monitor condition and operation and to locate potential problems.
- Carry out all activities in accordance with Company safety procedures and manufacturer’s recommendations, ensuring that all precautions are taken to isolate equipment prior to commencing work, following all safety instructions and notices, and wearing correct protective equipment at all times.
- Assist Senior Technicians during fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on gas turbine control systems, fuel gas control valves and governors.
- Perform servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on metering system and equipment.
- Perform servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on Pneumatic and PLC based ESD systems.
- Assist during troubleshooting of gas turbine start-up problems. Carry out servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis, calibration and restorative tasks on gas turbine control systems, fuel gas control valves and governors.
- Carry out calibration, servicing, condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and restorative tasks on metering system and associated equipments.
- Assist in the on-site implementation of improvement/expansion projects on field instrumentation and control system equipment. Include assisting engineers on site, carrying out actual installation, connection and configuration and running tests on equipment prior to handover.
- Coordinate with mechanical craftsmen on the maintenance of heavy equipment (compressors, turbines and pumps) by dismantling associated control instruments and cabling. Reinstall instrumentation when overhaul maintenance has been completed.
- Participate in Company safety program and report all unsafe acts, behaviours and conditions.
- Perform Emergency Response Role as required by Company.
- Carry out Safety Critical Preventive Maintenance (SCPM) on Process and Fire and Gas equipment.
- Practical Experience on Simplex Fire and gas system with working knowledge on Detroniss Ultraviolet (UV) and Infrared (IR) fire and Dragger gas detectors.
- Practical experience working with Solar and General Electric (GE) gas turbine centrifugal compressors / Power generators and ancillary systems. Working Knowledge on Bently Nevada [3300 and 3500] systems and condition monitoring Systems.
- Practical hands on experience with Atlas Copco Expander – Compander systems and Air compressors.
- Conversant with trouble shooting applying root cause analysis technique, ability to analyse facts, data and event to produce conclusion and take action.
- 4+ years electronic instrumentation maintenance experience in oil and gas, including significant experience with field analysers.
- Should have working knowledge of computer applications software such as Microsoft Office/ Computerised Maintenance management systems (Oracle preferred).
- Have knowledge on Hazardous area certification /Zone area classifications for selection and maintenance of instruments according to international codes.
- Knowledge of Experion DCS / Fail safe controller (FSC) / Smart Management Module (SMM).
- A degree or 3 years Diploma or apprenticeship in the instrument/control trade).