Job Title: Onshore Control Room Operator
Ref No: 16179
Project: Spirit Energy
Location: Barrow In Furness
Start Date: ASAP
Worley is currently recruiting for a Onshore Control Room Operator for Barrow In Furness.
Key aims and objectives:
- Monitoring and controlling the flow of hydrocarbons from the reservoir to point of export via central control console
- To conform to statutory, corporate and contractual requirements / standards
- To provide an emergency response capability
- Maintaining communications (informative and directive) with key people on the asset and third parties off the plant to achieve safe and productive co-ordination of activities
- Monitoring plant and equipment status and performance
- Keeping records and logs of process parameters for routine purposes and in accordance with any special (temporary) requirements.
- Maintaining an overview of the permit to work system and all activities in progress.
- Performing shift and trip handover according to the required standard and procedures
- Ensuring that any detection or protection system, over rides or inhibits are recorded in writing in accordance with the required procedure and that plant is only operated within the dispensation period allocated to any operational deviations.
- Controlling / adjusting the system to minimize downtime and contribute to the achievement of production targets (within work scope and equipment availability / capability constraints).
- Preparing production reports.
- Performing first line maintenance / identifying faults and reporting deficiencies / initiating remedial action
- Monitoring plant isolations and remotely coordinating isolation de-isolation activities.
- Maintaining an overall safe status for the plant and systems.
- Controlling critical situations and establishing appropriate communications and directing / performing initial actions in response to emergencies
All candidates should hold the following Qualifications & certification:
- Technical apprenticeship or process operators training scheme
- OR : Technical qualification as process plant operator, ideally at HNC level, with NVQ/SVQ Level 2 / 3 plus offshore process operations experience
- OR : – in lieu of formal technical qualifications, candidate may offer substantial experience and proven track record of consistently good performance in a senior offshore production operations role, with significant experience as control room operator on a complex hydrocarbon producing facility
- Certificated competent Control Room Operator under current CRO Emergency Response Standard as issued by OPITO or equivalent
- Additional training in facility Fire & Gas, ESD and DCS systems
- Appropriate CRO NVQ / SVQ certification level 3
Ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Experience and knowledge of production, process and utility systems
- Experience and knowledge of the installation Fire & Gas and ESD system function and operation
- Experience and knowledge of process instrumentation
- Fully familiar with the permit to work system and other safety related procedures
- Developing supervisory skills
- Report writing skills
- Computer literate
- Awareness of hydrocarbon production hazards