Process Operator Co-op
Our client will be having an Operator Co-op Program and is looking for co-ops for 3 different Polyethylene plants. The length of the internship is to last no more than 120 days and will have flexible scheduling to accommodate class schedules for students. Co-ops may work up to 40 hours in any given week.
This facility is an employee-oriented, safety conscious environment where respect and recognition are a part of everyone’s responsibility. If you are a dependable, motivated individual and meet the requirements below, you may qualify.
Process Operator Co-Ops in this position will work with Operations personnel to observe and learn how to perform routine plant operating duties, including, but not limited to the following:
· Safely operating pumps, compressors, fired heaters, reactors, distillation columns and other plant equipment within operating ranges
· Make changes to the operating process to maintain product quality
· Adjust control instruments, valves or switches to regulate pressure, temperature or flow rate of product.
· Take routine readings on process variables.
· Operate control room instrumentation systems
· Draw samples of products from the process for laboratory testing
· Perform lab testing on some process streams
· Promptly respond to process alarms / constraints
· Mix and add chemicals to process as needed
· Start-up / shut-down process equipment
· Prepare equipment for maintenance
The following are the qualifications for the Co-op Program:
· Must be an actively registered student at an education institution and be graduating with a Process Technology Associates Degree at the end of the Fall 2020 semester or recently graduated with a PTEC degree.
· Must have already completed the following courses:
o Introduction to Process Technology
o Safety, Health and Environment
o Process Technology I – Equipment
· Must have an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
· Must have good class standing – No academic probation accepted.
· Will be required to submit college transcripts
Must be able to pass pre-employment tests.
Local to Pasadena preferred
Anticipated start date Sep 1st or earlier
Accepting Applicants until July 14th
There will be an online skills validation that needs to be completed before July 21st
About Anotech Energy:
Issued from the different sectors of the industry, our staff is passionate, experienced and aware of the ground realities. That’s why, we have naturally set the challenge to be a leader in sharing expertise between all the actors of our daily work.
We provide global solutions for energy industries ; because we think the way we do it can change everything, we abide by the highest ethical standards. We promote a fair and honest relationship with our clients, our local partners and our consultants observing respect, integrity and reliability.