Control Room Operator
FieldCore, a GE company, is a new, independent industrial field services company that will deliver the highest standard of field services excellence and capabilities for GE and its customers.
FieldCore will bring together the field services expertise and people from both Granite Services and GE’s Power Services into one powerhouse.
Driven by the values of safety, quality, and integrity, FieldCore will be built to deliver operational excellence for customers in the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, and wind power markets.
For more information, check out www.fieldcore.com
On completion of all site training which includes but is not limited to a 6 months of field operations, the Control room operator shall be fully responsible for safe and efficient operation of plant in all operating conditions within the technical limits as outlined in PPA, GSA and in operating procedures following the best practices of the power industry.
Strictly adheres to all safety rules; lockout/tag out, work permit guidelines, confined space entry and similar policies put in place to protect the employee’s health and safety.
Monitors device operation and power production at the control console/station.
Records operating data in logs, maintains records.
Starts stops and operates device in accordance with site Operating Procedures and as per the direction of Shift supervisor
Understand and respond accordingly various alarm and process conditions and directing field operator in appropriate actions.
- Diagnose malfunctions in machinery and device and effectively communicate with the Shift Supervisor.
- Raise work order & communicate with maintenance department as per the advice of shift supervisor about malfunctions in machines and device.
- maintain a log of all shift activities carried out during his shift.
- Assist shift supervisor in compiling the operation reports such as daily shift report, event summaries and trip reports.
- Read meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Record data such as temperature of device, hours of operation, temperature or pressure, and fluid levels at specified intervals.
- Meet operational schedules by distributing power demands among the generators and starting or stopping generating units and connecting or disconnecting them from circuits, units, boilers and open or close valves etc.
- Coordinate and issue instructions to plant operators during normal and emergency condition.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, device performance and quality of product.
- Read and understand technical manuals and system piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Read, understand, and ensure compliance with all plant safety and regulatory procedures.
- Perform the duties of shift supervisor under specific instructions of the plant management.
- Understand OH&S risks / hazards and environmental / legislative aspect / impacts related to work activities.
- Ensure the proper housekeeping of his designated plant area
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of the organization
- English proficiency required
- Diploma in Associate Engineering with 5-7 years related work experience in similar position in Combined Cycle Power Plant preferably having GE F Class Technology Experience